Monday, September 12, 2011

WOWWWW I am standing right next to TAJ MAHAL!!!!!

Well.. After all that roaming in the city that never sleeps, I was in the land where nature and history meet – India, My lovely country.. Nothing beats the visual treat of busy and noisy roads, colorful atmos.. Missed all of them..The Duranto express was great with all my cousins around. The entire child in us was born again, jumping from one berth to another, getting down the stations, fighting for the upper berth and blankets. After all the hungama in the train, We reached Agra. The railway station was such a mess as expected and yeah not to mention about the tour guides who keep roaming all the way in the station just to bargain some $ and Rupee from the tourists! After all the bargaining, we finally reached the hotel for some quick refreshment. Wow watttaa breakfast.. aloo paratha’s, paneer paratha, sabji, yoghurt and pickle. After the good yummy breakfast, well I would say heavy breakfast, we were all geared up for our first day in Agra. Walking through the roads was a mess! I so wished that the govt took extra care of Agra ~ the most favorite tourist spots of India. And our guide collected our entry tickets to see the World’s beautiful monument; yes it is the TAJ MAHAL – the symbol of Love! I wonder if sun has fallen in love with the TAJ oh my god..! It was so sunny that we were so dehydrated by the time we finished the security check. Well biological abnormalities we were so high to see the beautiful monument!

Wow She definitely is a white beauty. Guess everyone should look at her and feel the beauty of it. Everyone from small to grownups take a lot of clicks, that you get calls from FB and says god sake stop updating your profile pic.. lolz.. On a personal end, I would say I loved every bit of TAJ, the love of river Yamuna hugs her around. I call her the white beauty; she was so calm stood still as I saw her 20 years back. Yes, this was my second encounter. Though I hardly remember seeing the TAJ, and all I had to kick my memory was a family pic taken when I was 3 years old may be! Not to mention I overheard some conversations of young lovers saying “Tum mer jaan ho..n blah blah blah “ Well after hearing this I so felt like giving one shot right on his head ! All I could call was hopeless romantics! Let’s not get there! After all the sightseeing and the long walks, we came to a small shop right outside the Taj Mahal, bought water bottles. We were so tired..and could so relate us to the nimboos ad wherein the sun sucks all the energy ;) Then went to Café Coffee Day ~ Anything can happen over a coffee, as they say. CCD Agra had a nice the Indian interiors, never mind we hardly noticed it since we were so dehydrated.. ordered some cappuccino , latte , Devil’s Own and ice tea! Felt so fresh.. When you are in Agra, how can one miss to taste the Agra Pedda..! the juicy and sweet yummy taste triggered all our taste buds.. After all the sweet eating we got ourselves some spicy corn. After visiting the Agra fort, we hired a car and headed over to Jaipur. Well once we cleared the check post at Rajasthan, We found a lot of locust flying around the highway. It was unusual for us! Anyways after a long drive, we finally checked into a hotel and had a tight sleep. Okay guys more of Rajasthan coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post... I enjoyed the trip...

    Shashi
    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    At Twitter @VerseEveryDay
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/09/still-life-secessionist-movement-and-my.html

    ReplyDelete